Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I Hate Antiobiotcs

Here I am, 26 days post-surgery, calling in sick to work because I need to see a doctor. Lovely, isn't it? You have surgery for one thing and because of that surgery you acquire a whole new issue. In my case, a severe Urinary Tract Infection/Bladder Infection.

UTIs really suck. You feel the constant need to pee and even if you get up to pee every time you feel like you need to, half of the time, nothing will come out. It's pure evil. Also if it's bad enough theres pain deep in your bladder that makes you want to wince and cry a little. And let me tell you, if you have a choice in the matter, never take Macrobid for a UTI. OH MY GOSH, I had the worst experience on that antibiotic. It made me dizzy and lightheaded to the point where I couldn't even stand up when it hit me, I felt like the room was spinning. I made me very nauseous and caused even more pain because of these symptoms. Never go there, just don't do it.

The thing is, I know that as someone living with Chronic Illness a lot of people that are close to be view me as a hypochondriac. Which is one of the rudest things someone could ever think of me in my opinion. Not a lot of people think this, but typically my parents seem to. And, I get where they're coming from in a sense with the fact that they had a child who turned out to be quite the medical mystery, is always acquiring strange illnesses and experiencing weird symptoms that don't fully make sense and never strictly match typical symptoms. I'm a hard one to figure out. I'm the kind of person that likes to be in control of what's happening to me. If I know there's a surprise of some sort, I hate waiting, I am overthinking and guessing about it constantly. I have social anxiety and just general anxiety when I know that I will not be in control of a situation. So, with my body, I get very anxious and stressed when I feel an unusual symptom or when something feels wrong. I used to pass over these feelings and try to ignore them so I wouldn't have to go out of my way to see the doctor or go to the hospital, or whatever else I may need to do to an answer. But I have learned that pain is a sign that something is wrong. I was right about Endometriosis, I was right about Fibromyalgia, I was right about Anemia, etc. As an anxious person, I like to research. Research comforts me rather than scares me surprisingly. I like to know all the possible answers and I like to rule whatever out that I can.

I know that I am by no means a doctor, and I never have desired to be one either, but I do my research because this is the only body I've got and it's got a track record of screwing me over! That's why after last night, I've called in sick and am heading to the doctor. A lot of people do not know that if you leave a UTI untreated for long enough it will likely spread to your kidneys. If you leave a kidney infection untreated, it will likely be so strong that you will need IV antibiotics to overcome it, and if you do not catch it in time, it can horrifyingly poison your blood and become fatal. Which, is just horrible and terrifying. (Side bar: SO PLEASE, if you have of the symptoms of a UTI -- I will list them below -- see your doctor immediately! It is not something to wait out, get your pills.  Fix it!!) THIS -- the possibility is why I get nervous, I do not suspect at all that my blood is being poisoned. I do suspect the possibility of the infection making it's way to my kidneys. It's been three weeks so far of UTI related pain, I was just started on antibiotics 5 days ago and the pain has only gotten more severe and caused me to develop flu-like symptoms as well. Which is why I am going to the doctor.

The human body is so intricate and amazing but also really intense and scary. Some people can't stand to think about all the things that could go wrong, but it fascinates me. So, off I'll go to the doctor -- probably to pee in a cup and have blood taken and do all those other fun things. Thank you for all of those who have been continually supporting me and reading my blog. It means the world to me! Wish me luck! xo


Symptoms of UTIs
To identify an UTI, keep an eye out for the following symptoms:
  • A burning feeling when you urinate
  • A frequent or intense urge to urinate, even though little comes out when you do
  • Pain or pressure in your back or lower abdomen
  • Cloudy, dark, bloody, or strange-smelling urine
  • Feeling tired or shaky
  • Fever or chills (a sign the infection may have reached your kidney)
Source: WebMD.com

No comments:

Post a Comment