Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A New Low

Unfortunately I am well aware at how depressing my blog has been lately, and I'm going to try to do better. Between the depression, the pain, and frustration of chronic illness -- It's been hard for me to continue writing. 

I really don't know what I should be saying right now. I just had a doctor's appointment in which I cried like a baby when my doctor asked what was going on. I couldn't even speak. I just cried. Eventually, I got a few words and a urine test revealed that I have an infection. It could be something as simple as a Urinary Tract Infection, it could be a Kidney Infection but there's also a chance that it's a full blown infection throughout my body, mainly where I had surgery. The pain continues and it sucks. Medications have been switched and dosages heightened. Over the next two weeks I will be switching to a higher dose birth control pill, and adding in two different antibiotics to fight off whatever infection is inside me. Let's hope it works. That's all I've got to say at this point.

On the bright side (sort of), I'm trying to improve my diet and switch over to mostly gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and basically everything-delicious-free to see if it has a positive effect on my symptoms. I'm also on two new supplements to help with joint pain and hormonal balance. Between all the new stuff, I'm optimistic that SOMETHING will improve. You can only leave so much up to the doctors until you need to take matters into your own hands. At this point I probably know more about Endosalpingiosis than my gynae, so why not figure it out myself right? ALSO, don't know if I mentioned this, but I have officially been disowned by my gynaecologist until I'm ready for a hysterectomy. Which isn't going to be any time soon. 

So here's to antiobiotics, supplements, and a whole lot of me craving all the foods that I can't eat!

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment