Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A Little Bit Of Good News

I've been meaning to write this post all week. I've also been avoiding writing this post all week. The thing is, I need to write about something wonderful that has happened and I am not in a wonderful kind of mood. Amongst the wreakage of the past couple of weeks, something wonderful happened and I'm going to take the next little while to try to focus on the wonderful. The good. The blessings.


As many of you already know, I have been hoping to have a special test done that can only be done in the states. Which means it's going to cost me a lot to have done seeing as I am Canadian. There's all sorts of hoops to jump through such as finances and finding a doctor or naturopath who will sign off on these tests and help me to decifer the results. I was planning on doing some fundrasier and hoping to obtain some funds so that my parent's and I would only have to pay for half of the test. But, someone I know mentioned to me that they were concerned about having lyme disease themselves. Upon hearing this, I gathered all the information I had and passed it along. Lyme disease is hard when you don't know the ins and outs of how it all works and how behind the Canadian government is in dealing with it and in diagnosing it. 


After this, I was informed that this kind and generous person was offering to pay for my testing in full. I think that I was literally in shock when I heard the news. Part of me wanted to cry happy tears but part of me felt so shocked and out of it that I just couldn't react. After a few hours of thinking about how amazing this is, I made a facebook post to spread the news that my testing was going to paid for. It was so nice to see all the support and to see all the people that were happy for me for getting somewhere. Now I'm onto searching for a doctor or naturopath that is Lyme Literate. I had the name of a great naturopath that would help but it turns out we're having the worst timing because shes about to go on maternity leave. So, I'm back to searching and hoping soon that I can find a naturopath and get these tests done!!

So yay for happy news!


Unfortunatley these past few weeks have been very stressful and difficult for me, and I don't want to bore you with those details because some of them are very personal and some of them are stressors that just aren't my story to tell. But I would appreciate any prayers or well wishes that you all have.

No comments:

Post a Comment