Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 1, 2015

The 'OMG-I-Have-The-Flu-And-Im-Never-Going-To-Feel-Better' Status & The Effect It Has On Me

I know that I've already wrote my post for the day. And I also know that this past week I haven't been all that committed to this blog. This blog is for my mental health more than anything and I write when I feel that I need to. After scrolling through facebook and twitter tonight, I happened to see a common theme. This common theme seemed to be along the lines of I-Have-The-Flu/Cold-And-I-Feel-So-Bad-And-I-Dont-Think-Im-Ever-Going-To-Get-Better. The flu sucks and having a cold sucks. I feel ya, trust me. You get nauseous, feverish, chills, sweats, vomitting, diarreah (sorry for that, but its the truth), muscle aches, headaches, etc. Not only that, you can have to call in sick to work or miss school and cancel all the plans that you had because you need to rest. Sucks doesn't it?

Although, the great part about getting the flu is that it usually only last one or two days. Some of you might wonder why that seems 'so great'. I bet I would wonder that to if I didn't know any different. Once you've lived through 9 consecutive years of pain, the flu doesn't seem all that bad. 24 hours of pain and vomitting and all that crap -- then it's over. It's done. It's out of your system. If only I could set aside 24 and get Endometriosis, Anemia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and Insomia out of my system. WOULDN'T LIFE BE GRAND??!!

Like I said, I know how much having the flu sucks and same with having a cold or pheumonia or whatever else you can get that is related to the family of viruses. But let me just say, when I'm scrolling through facebook and see status after status complaining about how awful it is to have the flu and how hard it is to get out of bed to make food or go to bathroom or how 'IM NEVER GOING TO GET BETTER' -- It really friggin' pisses me off. Probably because the majority of the people posting these statuses will be fine and dandy three days from now. Maybe it's just my own annoyance, maybe it's me being oversensitive, or maybe its jealousy -- but I know that I will never truly get better. And that hurts me. It hurts to know and accept that I am gaurenteed to never feel well again every day for the remainder of my life. It hurts to know that people that I love don't understand that and see the effect that it has on me. 

So as a reminder, I want to encourage whoever reads this to be careful with your words. Just take a minute and think about what you're saying. You've only gotta deal with that pain for a little while, don't hurt someone by saying that a little while feels like a lifetime because some of us WILL deal with it for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment