Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 5, 2014

Challenge & Growth

I was trying to decide what I wanted to write about today and nothing in particular came to mind. I grabbed one of my old journals and read through it. I found an entry from Oct 11, 2013. Just over a year ago now. I had completely forgotten about it yet it still perfectly corresponds with what I've decided to do by starting this blog. Here's part of the entry.. 

'Today was nice. One of those days that never gets old. Enjoying the outdoors with a good friend, good music and good conversation. I think I need to challenge myself more. Write about my thoughts and opinions. Write honestly. Write about past pain. Write about moments, people, places, feelings.'

Even a full year ago I knew that this blog was something I needed to pursue. Writing openly and honestly puts me in my element. It lets me state the opinions I couldn't say outloud or the emotions I couldn't convey face-to-face with someone. This post is a short one because I feel like my journal entry sums it up. There is no personal growth without personal challenges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment