Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Vacation Prep + Vertigo

It's been a long few days and things have been busy! I spent all day at work Friday and left town Saturday morning for Christmas shopping and a surprise party and then back home this morning. I'm leaving the day after tomorrow to head to Cuba for a relaxing week. In three days time I'll be on the beach, in the sun, sippin' on a Pina Colada. Needless to say, I'm more than excited.

One of the things that sucks the most about dealing with chronic illness is the new symptoms that begin to develop. You never know when you might wake up with a new symptom that you don't understand. I had an exhausting few days with not much sleep and continuous stomach pain from stomach acid and a peptic ulcer. This morning , the plan was to wake up early, pack up the van and head back home (I was out of town for the night). I woke up and turned off my alarm, fell back asleep and when I woke up later I felt completely awful. I stood up and was so unbalanced that I fell over. My head was spinning and felt heavy. It was a major case of vertigo, which I have never experienced before. I've been dizzy before but this was taking it to a whole new level. Vertigo is something I've inherited from my mother and grandmother, they have both suffered with it seriously for years on and off. Even to the point on having their licence taken away because the vertigo gets so intense that it's like driving drunk. Feeling that way really scared me and I'm hoping it isn't something that starts to occur regularly.

After about half an hour it began to go away but I had a headache for the rest of the day and felt completely exhausted and out of it. It's frustrating for me to feel so sick right before my big trip to Cuba. I'll be praying and hoping that I feel great for my week away. I am more than ready to drop all my worries, responsibilities and insecurites for a week and just have fun! I'm hoping I'll have the chance to do some new things, for example, SNORKELLING! 

Last night while I was trying to fall asleep I began thinking about things that I could do to make my life more enjoyable in the new year. They are not resolutions but more like goals and guidelines. I find that when I take the time to write out and reflect on my goals, I am more likely to acheive them or get on that path. I'm not going to share my goals with you just yet. I want to take some more time to think about them until after Christmas. But I'd like to encourage you all to take some time to reflect on yourself this holiday season. I've realized that I need to not only evaluate the things that I do in life like work, hobbies, etc. but who I am and my attitude. It's important to evaluate your own attitude and what is important to you. I hope you all will make some goals/guidelines for the new year as well! :)

I have a lot to do tonight and tomorrow and I'm leaving bright and early Tuesday morning, so I will not have time to post anything. So, I hope you all have a wonderful week and begin to feel Christmas-y and full of love! I am planning on reading and writing A LOT while I'm in Cuba but I'll be taking an internet break as well, so nothing will be posted until I come home. Until Next Time --- HAVE A HAPPY AND WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS! 


No comments:

Post a Comment